Thursday, July 5, 2012

My Chocolate Cake/Cupcake recipe




This is a picture of my Chocolate Salted Caramel Cake! 
4 layers of Chocolate Cake with a caramel filling, and each layer sprinkled with chocolate sea salt! 
I get my "special ingredient" (chocolate sea salt) from a store called, "The spice and tea exchange" at Pier 39 in San Francisco. They also have other locations and have a website that you can order from! I love it!
This blog is to tell you my recipe for Chocolate Cake, so here we go.....

Chocolate cake
2 Cups sugar
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 large eggs
1 cup boiling water

i pretty much just throw everything in a bowl and mix, except for the boiling water-add that last. Make sure everything is well incorporated. 
bake @ 350 for about 16 minutes (depending on your oven)
*the batter is very watery after you add the cup of boiling water-but don't worry! These cupcakes are nice and fluffy and you will love them!
good luck!!





5 comments:

Green Thumb Barbers said...

Yummmm!!!

Jennifer said...

Is it a moist cake? I've been looking for a recipe that yields a really moist cake. Thanks!

Traylor Made Treats said...

Yep! Its been moist every time i've made it.

Gail said...

Thanks for sharing! I want to try this yummy chocolate since I've had it before. Is the bake time the same for cupcakes too?

Traylor Made Treats said...

Sorry, that was for cupcakes, 350 for aprox 16 min. For cale pans its 350 for 40-45 minites (until toothpick comes out clean)